Original Recipe makes 12-16 depending in size, I tend to quadruple the recipe and just freeze the extras for quick snacks during the week.
1 3/4cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1) In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2) In another bowl combine, banana, egg, oil, milk, yogurt and vanilla using an electric mixer on medium speed until throughly mixed.
3) Combine dry and wet ingredients until just moistened.
4) Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full
5) Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6) Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire.
I hope you enjoy it, it’s the only muffin recipe I use. With how limited the boys are in their dietary choices, the recipe impresses me because they both love it, I think it’s the moistness from the yogurt that’s the trick to it 😀
When making them for others in my family who are not as limited in their dietary choices I sometimes substitute the bananas with various other things like pureed carrots, or pumpkin and spices and add an extra 1/4 – 1/2 cup milk for “dryer” fruits/veggies. Occasionally I’ll add 1/2 cup of raisins or chocolate chips, or nuts depending on the finished flavor I’m going for. 🙂 But everyone in my house loves them, even my husband who doesn’t like bananas lol.
I originally found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and printed it out, but when I went to look for it today on there to add a copy of the link, I couldn’t find it. So I didn’t create this, it’s not mine, but it’s definitely one I love to share because of how delicious it is!